Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Surgery 5




Still no new news on Ethan. Nolan is doing sooooo well. He ate some lunch and is playing with his blocks on the waiting room floor in the Family Section of the Ronald McDonald house located in the Cardiovascular waiting area. Had to take a picture. He is jabbering to himself a little more (still no known language ;0)...maybe Ewok) and is a little louder than normal. I think it's because he can hear a lot better...
Just got a call from Ethan's team...he is on bypass and Dr. Fraser is now finishing isolating the vessels that are to be repaired. We should have another update in another two hours or so. Wow...he's on bypass...
Pictures are Ethan with the anaesthesiology team right before the hand over and Nolan playing just two hours after surgery...

4 comments:

mccabe44 said...

I am so glad Nolan is doing well. Keep the updates coming!! Love ya, Caryn

Anonymous said...

Amanda,
Everyone is waiting to hear good news, checking to see how you are doing, and thinking about you and your family. Hang in there!

Brossettelewis said...

I can't imagine your anxiety today. I was about to say I can't imagine having two kids in surgery but umm ... I think I did somewhat do that too. You're a great mommy. Our prayers are with you.

Unknown said...

Amanda I couldn't wait to check your blog when I got home for an update. Glad Nolan is fine and here's more prayers that Ethan will be too.