Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween

It has been a very eventful day for us. I took Ethan to take a present to a friend of ours we met in ICU. I have mentioned him before and asked for your prayers in his behalf. I now continue to ask for your prayers for his parents Cody and Eron. Gavin lost his battle with congenital heart disease this morning following complications from surgery. He was a brave little man and an inspiration to me. His parents continue to teach me how to stay strong and fight for your children. Please pray that they will be comforted during this time and that they will find peace.

Ethan was able to trick or treat a few houses this evening in my sister's neighborhood. This is not how I would have chosen to spend his first Halloween but I'll take it. I am so grateful, especially with Gavin's passing, that Heavenly Father has seen fit to let Ethan stay with us for now. I feel blessed to have had him for this long and am trying to not take any of my time with any of my children for granted. Gavin and Ethan have taught me that...thanks little guys.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Hearing something like that just makes you want to appreciate the little things even more... to cherish EVERY moment as you never know what tomorrow will bring. I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father saw fit for Ethan to stay around, and for you and your family to have the strength you've had! Your whole family is an example to me!

Brossettelewis said...

I just want to go down there and hug you. :( I hope things continue to improve w/ EJ.

Anonymous said...

Hi this is Mindy, my daugther Abby was on the 18th floor with Ethan at TCH. We also became close to Erin and Cody and were wondering if you had Gavins care page info. We love connecting with other families. We would love to hear from y'all and keep updated on how Ethan and your family are doing. Please feel free to email me at mwilliams4@kleinisd.net We look forward to hearing from y'all.