Thursday, September 25, 2008
Today we went to Ethan's cardiology visit and got some very unexpected results. We saw Dr. Altman and she is concerned about his saturations being all over the chart. She was going to admit him pending an inpatient MRI (so we wouldn't have to wait as long for one - she didn't feel comfie waiting) but, since they can't get an inpatient MRI done until next Thursday, she is sending us to an ear, nose, and throat doc tomorrow instead. This is for the other concern she has. I have noticed since having his saturation monitor at home that when Ethan lays down, his SATS go down into the low 70's. When he is being held up or is on his tummy, his SATS go up as high as the low 90's. This is confusing and we are going to the doc tomorrow to make sure that his brochioles (spelling) are not restricted or the circulation compromised. We will go in for another check with Dr. Altman on Tuesday and be admitted for his SATS then so that we will not have to stay at the hospital for a week before the procedure on Thurs. The Monday after the MRI, the entire cardiology staff and surgery team will have a conference over his MRI results to best decide which course of action to take for surgery. Most likely, but depending on MRI results, we will be looking at a Glenn shunt within the next few weeks. I am scared to death. I am staying with my sister until Tuesday and am so grateful to her for willingly opening her home. Richard and my dad have planned to take Elise and Craig to an Astros game for weeks and have tickets for tomorrow's game. Mom and I are going to pick Nolan up tomorrow evening before the game starts so that they can have the game they have been looking forward to. I already miss my older kiddos. There is no telling how long it will be before our family is back together again. Best case scenario is a week. Those of you who know my cell number please fee free to call. If I don't answer it is because we are in a doctor office or we have bad reception. Until tomorrow!