Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Please Help!!!

I need the help of anyone that is willing and able. I am going to run the It's My Heart - Noah's Legacy 5K on February 21, 2009. This 5K is to raise money to help It's My Heart fund it's support and advocacy programs for Texas Children's Hospital cardiology patients as well as all of those children that have congenital and aquired heart defects. I have posted the invitation letter below. Please sponser me in my efforts to give back to the program that has given so much not just to me, but to the entire CHD community... I don't usually ask for help like this...I hate sending my kids out on fundraisers for school, etc...but this is a program that is doing something to make the whole world a better place for a group of kids that have no choice in how their bodies are treating them.


Dear friends,

According to the March of Dimes, about 40,000 infants (1 out of every 125) are born with Congenital Heart Defects (CHD) each year in the United States. The defect may be so slight that the baby appears healthy for many years after birth, or so severe that its life is in immediate danger. Studies prove that CHD's are the most common birth defect and are the number one cause of death from birth defects during the first year of life. Nearly twice as many children die from CHD in the United States each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined. Over 91,000 life years are lost each year in the US due to CHD. Charges for care exceed 2.2 billion dollars, for inpatient surgery alone.Most people know someone who has been affected by Congenital Heart Defects or Acquired Heart Defects. On February 21, 2009 I will be helping It's My Heart raise awareness about the devastating affects of CHD at the National IMH CHD Awareness 5KRun & 3KWalk - Noah's Legacy. Funds raised through the IMH Run & Walk will support national awareness and help to provide comfort bags and programs to families while they are hospitalized throughout the USA. My personal goal is to raise $200.00 . Your support and donation of $100, $50, $25, $10 will help take a stand against the #1 birth defect and killer of children. Not only will you help me achieve my goal, you will also help It's My Heart make important advances in research, support and awareness of CHD. The IMH CHD Awareness Run & Walk is quickly approaching, so please make your pledge today. Thank you in advance for your support of my journey with CHD. Together we will make a difference!

For more information on It's My Heart visit www.itsmyheart.org.

From the heart,

Amanda Pennington

Yes! I am happy to support your efforts in the CHD Awareness Run & Walk! You can count on me/us for: _____$100 _____$50 ______$25 ______$10 _____$Other

Please make check payable to It's My Heart and return this form, along with your check to: It's My Heart19728 Saums Rd.PMB# 137Houston, TX 77084

Please include "Team Ethan James" in the memo of the check.You can also use Paypal, a quick and easy way to donate. Please include in the message my name and CHD Run & Walk. Just go to www.itsmyheart.org and click on "Donate".

ALL DONATIONS ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLE



If you would like to use this form, highlight it with your mouse and then choose print selection from your print menu...

No comments: