Monday, November 3, 2008

Follow up visit!

Originally Ethan's post op follow up visit was scheduled for this Friday. I called Dr. Altman's secretary Friday and told her that I would love to have that date moved up to earlier this week if possible so that I would be allowed to leave Houston in time to go to Elise's carnival this Thursday. I also played the "I haven't spent a whole lot of quality time with my older kids and haven't been home in over a month" card. It worked! They are going to work me in to the schedule tomorrow between 11 and noon. Depending on if Dr. Altman thinks that Ethan needs to have another echo we should be on the road home no later than 5:00 tomorrow evening. We aren't going to tell the kiddos for two reasons. 1. If something prevents us from taking Ethan home tomorrow the kids (especially Elise) would be crushed and I don't want to have her feelings hurt. 2. I love surprises...especially when I am the one doing the surprising. I feel like it is Christmas! I can't believe that I'm actually going home! I feel like a new person because so much has happened since I brought Ethan down here. I'm going to have to get to know my kids all over again. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Angela said...

All I have to say is this... YAY!!! :-D