Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Back to Houston...

Yesterday we went back to Houston...but for Nolan. Whew!!! Felt so good to not have to go into the West Tower of Texas Children's when we were down there...I don't even think that I looked at it. Nolan had an ABR yesterday...which is basically a sedated hearing test. He has minimal hearing loss in both ears that could possibly be from his ear tubes. He is starting to jabber talk a lot more and is starting to try to form words. Ethan continues to do well. I was asked to bare my testimony last Sunday on thankfulness. I was nervous but a small part of me was grateful for the opportunity. This is the first time that I have given my testimony that I was not uncertain about any aspect of that testimony. I know that Heavenly Father has given me so much more than i can ever begin to repay Him for. I've always known that I guess, but it has taken this experience to really drive the point home. I can never repay what I have been given. I can only be thankful for the many blessings that I have been given and continue to come. To show my thanks, I can strive to be more Christlike. I am looking for ways to show my Heavenly Father my gratitude. I am more forgiving now. I try to give the benefit of the doubt. For people that have wronged me in the past and have not and will not apologize, I am trying to not hold a grudge. Those grudges aren't going to make them apologize and getting even is just going to make me feel worse. Besides, my big brother already paid the price for my hurt feelings. So I am free to let go of all of that mess and have joy. I have so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving season. Why mar it? Now that you have read/listened to the ramblings of someone who has a hard time focusing on one subject, I hope that you all will give thanks to our Heavenly Father continuously...because we can never say thank you enough for the blessings he has given us...

No comments: